Thursday, August 13, 2009

Gross: The Eagles Sign Michael Vick

In October of 2008, in an attempt to combat Pennsylvania's reputation as the "Puppy Mill Capitol of the East" and better the life of dogs bred in his state, Governor Ed Rendell signed into law House Bill 2525. Tonight, the Philadelphia Eagles announce they have signed Michael Vick to a one-year contract worth $1.6 million with an option for 5.6 million.


I know he has paid his debt to society, and he has not officially been reinstated to the NFL by Commissioner Roger Goodell (who will decide in week six when Vick can play), but I am still appalled. I wonder how Philadelphia fans will react? What puppy mill crusaders who are very active in the state will do? What should I do? I love football. Thoughts?

9:13 pm update: Well, this is something. At least negative backlash is on their radar..." More


Warning: graphic art on link