Sunday, January 10, 2010

New year, new awareness of animal hoarders

By: Anna Florez

The end of a year, the end of a decade. So many of us are reevaluating our lives, visualizing our future, and making plans for getting us to where we want to be this time next year.

For some of us, one of our goals is to contribute, to give back to the community. Although a very respectable goal, it isn't specific enough. Where do you start? How do you know you have reached your goal? How will you know you have made a difference?

For those of us that are elbows deep in animal welfare issues, adding more to our plate is just not realistic. However, I keep a quote very close by which inspires me to keep moving forward. "Little tweak, quantum leap". Now, I don't know who said it first or if anyone has ever been credited with this little diddy however, for me it reminds me that the smallest movements can make the biggest change..." More